Tuesday 9 May 2017

A fish, a duckie, and a cottage

There aren't many things that one can do when one is disabled and bed bound for 3 weeks. Other than going crazy with cabin fever, I taught myself to cross stitch.

My Nan taught me how to cross stitch when I was a little girl. It's something that has always been at the back of my mind, but never really got back into until recently. As usual, my extremely encouraging Mum recognised an opportunity to help me with embracing the sewing genes that I have previously denied (Mum's just don't know what they're talking about when you're a teenager, right?) and hunted down all the tools that I might need on my cross stitching expeditions. She also used to dabble, and while she was going through some of the boxes that she has stored over time, she came across some Lillypotters originals, as well as one that may have been sewn by my brother. Date of creation?... 1990something.

A fish

A duckie


A cottage




No comments:

Post a Comment