Wednesday 22 January 2014

I've been away for a few days...

I've been away from the ol' crafty room recently. Over the weekend we went to a wedding in London and it was inspirational! The wedding cake, the wedding favours (a selection of jams and chutneys), and I think all the flowers, were all made, grown and cooked by the bride and groom in preparation for their big day.



The couple got married at Wilton's Music Hall , which  they decorated so beautifully with fairy lights and flowers!




The whole day was an inspiration for the ol' fiancée (teehee!) and I. All day we were "oo-ing and ah-ing" at all the bits and pieces and the live bands. It was so lovely to see everyone in the room so happy and having so much fun. I even managed to get him up and dancing with me (by dancing I mean he stood with a beer in one hand and I got to twirl and jump about while holding his other hand - that's our style :p).

We want to start getting the ball rolling for our wedding (which (after getting a "proper" job yesterday!!), will be able to happen next year!!). We've started thinking about what we want to make and bake and grow and design for our day, and on Saturday we plan to go for a drive around where we live to look for places that might let us in for a wedding with all our friends and family! A year and a bit is long enough to plan a wedding right? Yippee!!!








2 comments:

  1. I hope you will tell your Mum and Dad if there's a date to be booked in the diary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I only got sent this comment today (Wednesday)... Weird!

      Delete